Were you plagued this winter by problems and issues with your home that made you ask:
- Why are my heating bills so high?
- How can I stop the drafts from my old windows?
- Why do I have frost coming under the door or on the bottom of my windows?
- Why do I have ice forming on my roof and gutters?
Now is the perfect time for you home to say good bye to Old Man Winter forever and ask the experts from Windows on Washington for answers to all your tough home improvement questions.
Spring marks the end of winter when everything is renewed and begins to grow. Let Windows on Washington help you make your home more beautiful, comfortable and energy efficient with replacements windows, a new roof or eye-catching new siding. There's never been a better time to call, especially with our new double coupon savings!
Let our experts take the guesswork out of your replacement window, roofing, siding and insulation home improvement plans. With our brand new "Spring Has Sprung" Specials, you can make your home more beautiful, comfortable and energy efficient while staying within your budget.
Don't miss out on these savings! Click the links below and a WoW Team Member will call you to schedule a free estimate to receive your double coupon worth up to $2000 off. And as always, we promise that our consultations are never high pressure - we provide all the technical and pricing information you need to make the right product decision for your home at a great price.
At Windows on Washington, we provide our customers with professional, innovative and quality home improvements. We care deeply about our work and always go the extra mile to make sure each job is done right the first time. Our customers can count on our experience, expertise and extra care to make their exterior home improvements goals a reality.
Windows on Washington stands by our products, service and workmanship with some of the strongest warranties in the marketplace, including:
Windows – Lifetime
Doors – Lifetime
Roofing - 10 years
Siding – 10 years
Gutters – 1 year
Skylights – 2 years
Should you have the need of any warranty service, please click the link below and our Customer Service Team will be in touch promptly. As always, our Team works hard every single day to fulfill our mission statement:
The Windows on Washington Mission Statement:
At Windows on Washington, we provide our customers with quality products and expert workmanship to improve the comfort, beauty and energy efficiency of their homes. And we do it with unparalleled service. Our work is not complete without your total satisfaction.
The Mid-Atlantic region is taking Winter Storm Pax warnings seriously, and for good reason. Many homeowners are quickly preparing and securing their homes for another winter blast. Here are some tips from Windows on Washington and the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help you in those preparations.
Before the storm:
- Be sure trees and shrubs around your home are well-trimmed.
- Clear away any loose debris around your home.
- Clear clogged rain gutters and downspouts.
- Secure all outdoor furniture, decorations, trash cans and anything else could get damaged in the winter weather.
- Install a generator for emergencies.
- Stock up on fuel for your generator.
- Gather blankets and firewood to help keep your family warm in the event that the power goes out.
- Take pictures of your home inside and out for insurance purposes.
- Make sure you prepare a space for your pets.
- Prepare a list of emergency numbers in case the power is out for an extended amount of time. (Include plumbers, electricians, the power company and roofing companies to contact for emergency repairs.)
- Listen to the radio or TV for information.
- Avoid using the phone except for serious emergencies.
- Stay off the roads during the storm to allow emergency vehicles access to the roadways.
- Bring your pets in out of the storm.
- Keep away from loose or dangling power lines and report them immediately to the power company.
- Stay out of any building that has water around it.
- Inspect your home for damage.
- Take pictures of damage, both of the building and its contents, for insurance purposes.
- Call in a professional for any damages you need repaired.
Windows on Washington has doubled our efforts to prepare for the winter storm's aftermath. We pledge to take care of our customers' homes after the storm. Please be mindful of storm chasing home improvement contractors that will prey on homeowners after a major storm. Choose a local contractor that you can trust and that will be around long after the storm is gone. Here are some links to help you choose the right contractor for the job.
10 Tips on Choosing a Roofing Contractor After a Storm
10 Tips on Finding the Right Contractor
Experience the Windows on Washington WoW Factor
Windows on Washington - Our Installers Make the Difference
- We are a fully licensed, bonded and insured family owned, local company. With WoW, your home improvement dollars stay in our area, and we give back to our community by supporting local charities and children's activities.
- We live our mission statement everyday - Our work is not complete without your 100% satisfaction!
- WoW's outstanding customer service has earned us a 5-star Yelp rating, the Angie's List Super Service Award in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 and an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- WoW provides a written estimate valid for one full year and a proven track record of meeting the estimated project amount, so there are no surprises.
- WoW has a beautiful showroom where you can come meet with our professionals and view our entire product line.
- WoW believes in educating homeowners about their home improvement options so our customers can make a fully informed decision without high pressure sales tactics.
- WoW makes home improvement plans a reality. We have made thousands of homes in the Metro Area more beautiful, comfortable and energy efficient.
- We only use best in class products. We have done the research so you can feel confident in the value of your purchase.
- WoW Installations are rooted in our deep understanding of building science and always follow industry best practices.
- WoW stands behind our work with a lifetime warranty on our workmanship, including a complementary accidental glass breakage warranty.
At Windows on Washington we take great pride in our best in class products, professional installation and outstanding customer service. Click on the link below and experience the WoW Factor for yourself.
Saving money on energy bills is a goal that every homeowner strives for, but few realize just how easy it can be. Windows on Washington has highlighted 4 DIY projects that will not only cut your energy bill but also increase the comfort of your home.
Seal Windows and Doors - Windows and doors are a primary means of drafts and air infiltration for you home. One of the best ways to save on your energy bill is to make sure that your windows are properly sealed.
- Caulk - Inspect the caulk around your windows and doors. Re-caulk any areas that are missing, dry or peeling.
- Weather Stripping – Make sure the weather stripping around your windows and doors has a tight seal. Replace old or faulty weather stripping.
- Locks – Engage the locking mechanism on you windows and doors to create the tightest seal possible for the unit.
- Door Threshold – If you can see daylight under your door, you are watching your utility dollars flow right out of your house. Have your threshold adjusted so that there is a tight seal between the bottom of the door and your home. You may need to install a door sweep to reinforce this seal.
Air Seal Your Home - General air leakage throughout the home is rarely thought of as a place that you are loosing energy dollars. Here are a few areas to consider sealing to save big on your energy bill.
- Electrical Boxes – These boxes on the exterior walls of your home are not typically insulated behind the plates, which causes air infiltration. Simply install foam gaskets behind the outlets and switch plates for an easy, affordable fix.
- Exhaust Fans and Vents - When vents and fans are not in use, they are most assuredly leaking air. Consider installing an insulation barrier or buying a removable magnetic cover to reduce air flow and help prevent leaks.
- Recessed Lighting - Recessed light fixtures are often installed without the proper surrounding insulation. To avoid any potential fire hazard, we suggest consulting with a professional before insulating these areas.
- Basements and Crawl Spaces - Adding insulation, where possible, can prevent the convection cycle of air infiltration in the home.
- Gaps In Exterior Walls – There may be gaps around the pipes that come through your exterior walls. These gaps can be a source of considerable air leakage, but can be fixed with simple foam sealing.
Insulate Your Attic - The attic is one of the biggest culprits for air leakage and energy loss in your home.
- Attic Insulation - If your attic does not have the proper level of insulation for the climate conditions of your geographic region, you are throwing money away. If the insulation in your attic is less than 11 inches of fiberglass or 8 inches of cellulose, consider adding more to keep the cold air in during the summer and the warm air in during the winter. Consult local guidelines for maximizing the insulation value.
- Attic Hatch - Many homeowners invest in additional insulation for their attic, but leave the hatch exposed to air leakage. Adding weather stripping around the frame and 4 inch foam board to the hatch can help reduce this energy loss. If your attic hatch has attached stairs, an attic tent can also be effective.
Seal Your Chimney - A fireplace seems like the best thing to help keep your home warm, however it is one of the number one places in your home that causes increases in your energy bill due to air leakage.
- Damper – Keep your damper closed when not using your fireplace.
- Specialized Damper – Use a chimney balloon or a spring-loaded fireplace damper to close your chimney and prevent cold air from coming into your room.
- The experts at Windows on Washington are committed to educating home owners on the energy efficiency of their homes. For a professional analysis of your existing windows, doors or insulation, call our experts today for a free consulatation. As always, we also provide free estimates for all your home improvement needs.
Every year, customers ask us which projects they should apply their home improvement dollars to get the highest return on investment. Our customers are very savvy and know that they need to focus on not only the energy savings they expect to receive from their exterior home improvement, but also where they would gain the most if they decided to sell their home after the renovation.
One of the most respected reports that provides analysis on the return on investment (ROI) homeowners receive for home improvement projects is from Remodeling Magazine. Their 2014 report has just been released for 35 of the most common remodeling projects, for both the interior and exterior of the home. The report compares these projects and their respective ROIs nationally, regionally and in major cities around the US. Once again the Washington, DC area out-preformed the National and South Atlantic regions with higher ROIs.
Replacing your siding this year could net you up 124% of your investment. Advancements in technology and manufacturing have given homeowners several types of siding from which to choose.
||99.2 % ROI
|Fiber - Cement
||124 % ROI
|Foam - Backed
||105 % ROI
Custom Window Replacement
Replacement windows can start paying for themselves the minute they are installed through reduced energy costs. In addition, potential home buyers look very favorably on attractive, new, energy efficient improvements.
|| 96% ROI
|| 96% ROI
The front entry or garage doors are the focal point of a home, and can reduce curb appeal significantly when they need to be replaced. A beautiful new door can make a great impression on a guest or potential buyer, which dramatically impacts curb appeal and increases the value of your home.
|| 89% ROI
When a home is being sold, the number one item that a home inspector will assess is the roof. Even if the roof has some lifespan left in it, many home purchasers will negotiate for a reduction in sale price to compensate for any perceived future maintenance or replacement costs.
At Windows on Washington, we pride ourselves on our commitment to continued research on building science and exterior home Improvements. Our Team is well versed in Replacement Windows and Doors as well as Siding and Roofing. They are ready to demonstrate how energy efficient improvements can save you money once the project is complete as well as provide estimates from this Cost vs. Value Report on your potential longer term ROI. Ask the experts at Windows on Washington what the “WoW! Factor” can do for your home.
Windows on Washington Earns Esteemed 2013 Angie’s List Super Service Award
Award reflects company’s consistently high level of customer service.
Windows on Washington has earned the service industry’s coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award, reflecting an exemplary year of service provided to members of the consumer review service in 2013.
"We are excited to announce that Windows on Washington has won the Angie's List Super Service Award for 2013. The 2013 award continues to show our commitment to service and stands in a long line of Angie's List Super Service Awards from 2010, 2011, and 2012. We would like to take this opportunity to tell our terrific customers how much we appreciate their trust in us. It was a pleasure to have earned your business and hope that you enjoy the increased efficiency, comfort and beauty that our home improvements created. We also want to extend a big "Thank You!" to the entire hard working WoW Team that helped make our customer's home improvement plans a reality."
“Only about 5 percent of the companies Windows on Washington competes with in Northern Virginia and Maryland are able to earn our Super Service Award,” said Angie’s List Founder Angie Hicks. “It’s a mark of consistently great customer service.”
Angie’s List Super Service Award 2013 winners have met strict eligibility requirements, which include an “A” rating in overall grade, recent grade, and review period grade; the company must be in good standing with Angie’s List, have a fully complete profile, pass a background check and abide by Angie’s List operational guidelines.
Service company ratings are updated daily on Angie’s List. Companies are graded on an A through F scale in areas ranging from price to professionalism to punctuality. Members can find the 2013 Super Service Award logo next to company names in search results on AngiesList.com.
Angie's List helps consumers have happy transactions with local service professionals in more than 720 categories of service, ranging from home improvement to health care. More than 2 million paid households use Angie's List to gain access to local ratings, exclusive discounts, the Angie’s List Magazine and the Angie's List complaint resolution service.
At Windows on Washington, 100% customer satisfaction is our number one goal!
The WoW Team knows that the only way to achieve this goal is with quality installations and best in class products. We spend countless hours training our staff to handle any issues that may arise during construction projects. We also work tirelessly to choose the best quality windows, doors, siding and roofing materials to ensure the complete satisfaction of our homeowners.
Don't take our word for it! Check out Windows on Washington on Customer Lobby, Yelp or Angie's List, where our team has won the Super Service Award for 3 years running. Read what just one of our customers had to say about their window replacement project:
We replaced all of our windows a year and a half ago. I did extensive research on many area companies and was shocked to see the wide range of quality and price. Warning, there are many poor performers in this industry who try and charge extremely high prices for average windows and use very high pressure sales techniques. There were a lot of them to sort through. We decided to use Windows on Washington (WOW) and were very pleased. They offered exceptional quality and the price was very reasonable, $575 - $800 per window for Okna 800 series triple pane argon gas filled replacement windows (range depends on the hardware selected). We used the basic white handles because we have bright white trim. The performance of these windows are at the high end of the industry and the white matches bright white trim vice the blue/ white of most replacement windows. We decided on Argon gas windows. Krypton gas windows are not worth the extra expense. Both are noble gases with Krypton more dense, under Argon on the periodic table, but perform very similar as an insulator in windows. The more important factor is how the windows are constructed, preventing the escape of the gas and how they shed exterior water. The Okna windows don't use a drain hole system, which always clog up over time, creating problems. Instead the exterior mill work is sloped to shed water, a much better design as seen in the industry journals. Also the windows operate smoothly and have rigid supports across the tops of the windows preventing drooping over time. They come with a lifetime warranty that includes accidental breakage and gas loss. Since we installed the windows, we have seen a consistent 15 - 20% savings over our old original single pane windows, on energy usage each month based on TH (gas) and KW (electric) units used during similar average temperature months. Also, the WOW installers did not damage our extensive landscape near the house. They were professional and quick, everything was done in a day. Ask for Eric, he's the owner to come by for an estimate. No high pressure with him. He lets the product and price sell the job. ....David
We call an experience like that the "WoW Factor!" We put our customers first by providing as much information and research as possible so that they can make an informed decision about their home improvement project without the high pressure sales tactics that are so common in our industry. Let the experts at Windows on Washington show you how we can make your home more beautiful, comfortable and energy efficient. If you would like to experience the "WoW Factor" on your next home improvement project, please give us a call today at 703-378-1190 or click the link below.
Brrr...Baby It's Cold Outside!, so now is the time to make sure your home is warm and as energy effcient as possible. Whether you need replacement windows, a new exterior door or simply air sealing and insulation, Windows on Washington has the solutions to all your home improvement challenges. Contact us today and receive up to $1,000 off your next exterior home improvement project!
Click here to get your Winter 2013 coupons.
Windows on Washington is Home Improvement You Can Trust.
We are a locally owned and operated company focused on improving the energy efficiency and appearance of our clients' homes. Our company was founded on a simple philosophy: be upfront and honest. Many home improvement companies force homeowners to sit through three hour sales presentations and then close with high-pressure tactics to make the sale. We created a better way to do business.
At Windows on Washington, we work with our clients the way we want to be treated in our own homes - knowledgeably, professionally, and respectfully. We take the time to listen to your home improvement needs and then create a solution using best-in-class products coupled with our expert installation techniques. Whether you are looking for energy efficient replacement windows, beautiful siding, gutters, a new roof, or money saving insulation and air sealing, we have your answer. We will educate you on our approach to your project, explain your options and encourage you to do additional research.
Are your heating and cooling costs too high? Are you weary of time consuming maintenance that never ends? Are you ready to give your home the curb appeal makeover you've been considering for years?
Then you need The WoW Factor! Our experts take the guesswork out of your replacement window, roofing, siding and insulation home improvement plans. And with our "Fall Into Savings" Specials, you can make your home more beautiful, comfortable and energy efficient while staying within your budget.
Don't miss out on these savings! Click the links to the right and a WoW consultant will call you to schedule a free estimate. Our consultations are never high pressure - we provide all the technical and pricing information you need to make the right product decision for your home at a great price.